Originally Posted By: DawWiz
Originally Posted By: RobH
More info please also tell us which version of the plug (preference/ about) and which actual plugin VSTi2, VSTI3 or VstFx?

Most importantly what does it not do? Hard to help with out this stuff

Well there are a whole bunch of different issues. In pro tools, the GUI only gets displayed partially and I get a Runtime Error. This is with ver 1.11.11 of the vst. With the earlier version, vst was freezing as soon as you start it.

My environment is:
win10 Pro ver 1803, 16gb ram, 512 SSD, Asus zenbook, intel 8th gen quad core i7, biab 2019 pro

OK here are the specific error messages that are showing up. These are from the new updated vst 1.11.11 with build 617 update applied:

1. When running standalone version of vst 1.11.11
stream write error at: 0042505F appears few secs after generate button is clicked
when OK is clicked, it says "Band-in-a-Box - Application error" Exception error has occurred.

2. When running vst 1.11.11 in pro tools 12.5
stream write error at: 0042505F appears few secs after generate button is clicked

3. when OK is clicked, it says "Band-in-a-Box - Application error" Exception error has occurred

4. When running standalone version of vst 1.11.11
I/O error 112 at:00AA1DE4 came up when after few second after starting Generate.

It's not that I don't understand or that I am not aware of application programmer's tasks at hand and related technical issues and time involved for fixes. Being a seasoned IT professional myself, I very much understand and know the complexities involved.

However, my frustration is from receiving a commercially sold application for which I paid a price yet its in a state where there is clear evidence that it has either been released prematurely or that there has been a lack of thorough & adequate testing/debugging on it. The types of error messages mentioned above verify the state of the exe offered. And surprisingly too, the update as well is not a resolution.

Further, I believe this is a shame on the part of the vendor or quality control personnel to allow releasing such incomplete and failing software thereby possibly tarnishing the vendor's reputation.