As I read through all the comments in this thread, it really is interesting to see how many of us live "not that far" away from one another.

During the working years when there's a limited amount of vacation time to be spent wisely with the family, it's hard to appropriate any of that time for a forum get-together. But as more of us hit retirement and have serious time on our hands, we should consider the possibility of an annual BIABfest, at rotating locations, hosted by a different forum member each time.

Even if the turnout isn't large, I think the potential for personal enrichment would be.

A couple of years ago when Matt Finley hosted a get together at Lake George, two people came... and they were both retirees. Maybe that's the key that makes it work. Small groups have different advantages than large groups. I actually prefer smaller get-togethers because you have a better shot at getting to know people.

And there's also Skype, as Steve mentioned earlier in the thread. (Although, it has been my experience that the best way to make me quiet is by pointing a camera at me.)

Same old broken record, me talking about a forum meet. But plug it into the back of your thinking. We ain't dead yet. All it would take is for somebody to announce a time and place.