thanks Noel - my issue is adding a Midi supertrack to an existing RB project.

all the other tracks are realtracks and i have been adding realtracks with no problem and hoped i coudl do the same with midi supertracks.

i know if I want to add a normal midi track in RB I have to change the style to one I want that has a midi part. the problem i have is that i need to know which midi style to change the style to - i can't audition midi tracks like realtracks (maybe that's too much to ask!)

with the option to add a midi supertrack i get to see all the midi supertracks i could use but they remain silent once generated.

ideally i'd like to see the supertracks available, click generate and hear them play when i return to the tracks window - but whilst the information is visible no sound is produced. i got the track to play using the edirol but that defeats the object of having high q sounds - unless i can choose the right instrument in sforzando? that would mean memorising the patch the supertrack claims to use. the tgs message seemed to suggest everything was working ok but i just couldn't get the track to make a sound with sforzando loaded but i will try your suggestion as above and see if i can select an instrument in sforzando