Growing up in Houston,Texas I was exposed to a lot of blues music. I use to run away to Lightnin' Hopkins house when I was a kid and got in trouble.

There was music on the radio, country, jazz, Miles Davis. There was music in the juke joints. The reasons for me being in those places had little or nothing to do with music. I had no idea at the time that this would influence me in the future.

Houston was a crossroad for musicians and many stayed or lived there. Eric Johnson, I met him at the driver license office. His band was the first band that ever played with me on stage. Billy Gibbons and I use to hang out at Rockin Robin guitar shop. There were many now famous people I met in the small local clubs. Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe, and many more were just some guys anyone could hang around with.

The first person I payed any attention to was Bob Dylan.I found the lyrics just amazing. I still do.

I am being influenced today by people on this forum. It is hard to pick a couple of people and say they were the main influences.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo