Thanks rharv. The issue occurred when I was trying out amplitube in RB hence this forum. I had to install it as a new vsti. The reference to BIAB and PT was based on my experience of sforzando which gets installed automatically in BIAB but I had to install manually to use high q patches in RB. As the flagship program BIAB works straight out of the box with all the extras ready to go. RB obviously doesn't.

However, sforzando worked fine once installed. When I launched amplitube in RB I was asked to register/activate - can't remember which and was told I had a few days to use the program before that was necessary. When I went through the process (assuming that my purchase through PG music as part of the 2019 bundle and probably through the 2018 purchase last year was legitimate) I thought I might get a 'registered through pg music' popup or similar. Instead I got an offer to buy a newer version so I stopped the process without registering etc.

Hence my questions

1) will amplitude stop working and then require registration?

2) if i need to register what is the process as I believe i am entitled to use the program without further payment

3) can i just ignore the popup that happened on my first use (assuming it won't popup again) and just keep using the plugin?