In my experience Access Denied messages (for end users) are almost always permissions related (99% +).

However, before assuming it is a PGMusic programming issue, you need to consider whether you've installed/ran *anything* else since the last PGMusic install.

I know I can write an app that, if you run or install it, I could change your permissions settings on various drives/folders. Rarely necessary, but whether it happens or not is left up to the programmer's discretion.

Even if the programmer's test computer running the code hasn't had the same effective permissions changes, some other (user's) computers may have. Often difficult to detect on a user machine without remote access.

That said, I agree I've seen 'Run as Admin' suggested in the Forum at times where it appears to not be the obvious answer .. but it does eliminate a lot of odd issues where permissions 'could' be the problem.
And it really doesn't hurt to try this for PGMusic problem solving (a certain trust factor)
I would be less likely to try this solution to solve an issue with an unknown software I downloaded, but here it's pretty safe to suggest, in my experience.
I've never seen any PGMusic products appear to do anything that causes risk to the system; I guess that was kinda my point. For PGMusic products it likely won't hurt to try, but use this advise wisely in other situations with other software.

I'll try things here I may not try with other software.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome