Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
It's not very clear to me in the OP if the problem is audio or MIDI here, but if it's MIDI related: some runaway MIDI controller left behind? I found a program change occasionally i couldn't remove with BIAB's pianoroll editor. Usually the fix is to erase/reset the track completely, or even to import the MIDI file in a proper DAW where you can manhandle the data.

Funny one for the Halion Sonic users: if you leave Local ON active in Midi options, you'll get some low level 'bang a gong' sound like a bed spring when file playback starts with BIAB.

BTW a list of controllers on Bob Norton's site with some useful advice: http://www.nortonmusic.com/midi_cc.html

The problem is definitely MIDI, (I mean I guess you could call it audio in some sense in that I'm hearing the wrong audio at the end of the day, lol).

To clarify. I have a bunch of regular MIDI tracks from a MIDI style (not even a MST in sight). I click on the first [None] on the drum track. I have MT Power Drummer, or Hybrid 3, or Helm, already added to the list. I select one of those. The VST pops up, I select a preset. I press play. I hear the same sound that I heard as I did before I initially loaded the plugin--even though the first of the 4 [None] boxes indicate that the plugin is, indeed, loaded in.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB