Noel96,

I'm honestly not particularly blown away by the song because lyrically it doesn't take me anywhere. I know you are jazzed about someone and give them credit for brightening your day, but in almost 3 minutes of my life I'm not told what they did, why, or how you've been so affected by them.

Verse, chorus, verse, whatever the structure is, the only clue that moves the song forward (lyrically) at all is that yesterday (I assume metaphorically representing some period of time in the past) things were worse (emotionally) but now because of this love interest they are much better.

The production is awfully busy as well. Back off the volumes (overall) on instrumentation, and perhaps bring up the percussion with some judicious application of EQ in the high mid and low end ranges so that that cuts through, and it won't fight with your vocal as the guitar currently does. The same is true of bass guitar. That is in a range that you can afford to punch through and round out your dynamic range more fully without interfering with your vocal.

Sometimes, no matter how long it took and how much we labored over it, the best thing to do is throw out all but the strongest parts and do a total rewrite.

It's all just my opinion, but I have had over 100 songs published (and counting).