Originally Posted By: 2bSolo
Eddie,

Assuming I understand the question, there are two ways.

1. When you are entering your chords in BB, enter the first chord followed by a dot. Then enter a comma. Then enter the second chord. Looks like this: Bb.,Bb

How do I do beats 3 and 4 where there is no chord at all?

Quote:
2. You can do it on the Notation editor although it takes longer. In the bar above the notes, there is a box that says Rest. Check that, click your mouse where you want the rest.

I would like to see how you do the triplet. I can do them but it is a pain.

I never DID get the half note triplets be precise. I could do it if I could assign rests, like in real music notation.

I just want them to put in a SIMPLE way to do this.

So when I need beats 2, 3, and 4 to be silent, I can do it by inserting 3 of those. Including making generated backing tracks stop playing. So in the chord chart, It's be C,+,+,+ (or something similarly simple) for one beat of C and then 3 silent beats. No dot, no caret caret, no &@^#$, and all done while standing on one leg. Simple. Like a +. That whole "push" thing is counter intuitive. You aren't pushing. You are pulling. Pushing means move it to the right. The caret pulls it to the left. Call it a pull already. I am 10 years into this thing and I still have no idea what a shot or a hold is. I know shot as a one ounce beverage, the things I get into my eyes every month, and the thing I take at the gun range. Is the term "shot" onomatopoeic? It makes the sound of a rimshot? If not, let's name it something more accurately descriptive.

As far as the notation editor thing, that sounds like having a part time job as a programmer. Plus, I don't even know what the notation editor is. If I have to do all that just to put in a rest, I will just play the parts manually in real time. It will be faster.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.