Originally Posted By: silvertones
Highlite and "cut keep gap" in track view.

One of the things BIAB does really well is create additional material of elements needed for your RealBand song such as fills, holds, shots, rests and crossfades.

I know Eddie prefers RealBand to BIAB but adhering to a quote I think a lot of; “Never Be So Sure of What You Want, That You Wouldn’t Take Something Better” – Chris Voss

I suggest you try the following in BIAB.

Create a Chord Sheet in BIAB in the Key Signature, tempo and feel of your RB project. Rather than create the project's Chord progression, create part marker fills, create shots, holds and rests and create short chord progressions where a cross fade is needed.

Use the instruments you've chosen for your RB project and export the individual WAV files created from this 'additional material' chord chart and import them into your RB project. You will have lots of extra material in your RB project to cut and paste into areas like Silvertones recommended above.

Since the BIAB project is focusing on elements rather than the structure of your project, you can render tracks without regard to the length of your RB song and can generate elements in all the different chords used in your RB project song and continue to generate until BIAB has run out of what ever amount of shots, holds, rests, fills that's available in the RealTracks instrument audio files.

In effect, your session musicians have recorded bucket loads of overdub fills, holds, shots and rests for you to load into unused RB tracks and have available to enhance your RealBand project Realtracks tracks.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 02/24/19 09:38 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.