<<< Charlie, can you tell me in 25 words or less what a "shot" is?>>> Yes, of course I can but there's no need. The help file explained everything thing you need to know in order to create a 'shot' in 15 words. It doesn't matter if it's an actual musical term or a word exclusive to BIAB. Simply, from within the BIAB program, enter any chord with two periods following the chord and you have a 'shot'. Do this in any bar of the chord chart. Enter C.. press play and you'll instantly know what a shot is and if's its something desirable or not to use in your song or any subsequent project, old or new you work on.

As you said, I'm only trying to be helpful. I'm fully confident BIAB is the right tool to efficiently and effectively solve the issue you're having in your RB project. I'm confident it is a better solution than you'll get using RB exclusively. You get to decide whether it's worth your time.

Your level of proficiency with BIAB is irrelevant to using it to create these elements listed. Chords are entered into the BIAB chord chart the same as they're entered in RB. Chord progressions are the same. The Chord Charts are very similar between the two. I read your posts so I'm not assuming or implying anything about your knowledge base of BIAB or musical prowess or education level of music theory. Part markers are the same between BIAB and RB. I know you know what a chord is, a part marker, key signature, tempo and so forth are regarding RB, and therefore because of the similarities, also BIAB.

When you said, "I have tried that in the past John, and it does work, but it often doesn't sound "natural" enough, particularly with the drums. That results in having to find the exact kind of drum hit that sounds right and pasting that, and on and on. There has to be a way for them to give us a simple, effective way to program in a rest from the chord entry screen. Good option, though." My reply was to tell you there is a simple, effective way to program in a rest from the chord entry screen. But this simpler and more effective way resides in BIAB chord chart in comparison to results you'll get using RB.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 02/24/19 10:51 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.