Eddie, the issue with you playing devils advocate above is it's not who you are in the realm of BIAB and RB. You're creating a persona of someone that in reality would not pay $129 - $570 or more for a software when they have no musical concept of terminology or a semblance of ability to replicate the sound of a song. With nothing more than changing the language, BIAB/RB functions worldwide without varying a single music theory. Second, I can claim "With Band In A Box you can be writing songs in minutes without any knowledge of music!!" and I can have a six year old that's familiar with no more than one song an average 6 year old would be expected to be familiar with - input and play that song using BIAB in five minutes or less. Understand that it's just as plausible and possible to take that average 6 year old and a dog that neither understands nor speaks English (or any human language) and the child can teach the dog to 'sit' on command within that same five minute time frame.

It enlightens me to the weakness of your argument to the extremism you assign to the level of 'implied knowledge' in order to make the point that one must have an idea, some modicum of fluency with English to write the lyrics, and basic music knowledge to enter the chords and styles.

Everyone who has completed a song using BIAB or RB can demonstrate and instruct someone else how to replicate the steps they took for the one that has not entered a song in BIAB or RB to do the same. If that person does not know a C chord from an EBb7add9 won't matter at this point - BIAB comes prepackaged with the C chord in place. A person with no degree in music or knowledge of BIAB terminology can determine a 'Style' simply from instructions to where the Styles are located and how to navigate to the StylePicker and how to audition and ultimately select a Style from the list. Then instruct them how to use the transport controls to listen to their song they created using BIAB. It really is that easy to instruct a complete novice how to replicate input of a song into BIAB.

If you change your minimum implied knowledge user credentials to what is more likely to be the average person that will seek out and buy BIAB and you'll see the program is quite intuitive to understand and use at the entry level.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.