I think Bud came closest to the correct answer. But, not close enough IMHO! smile The first rule says this,

Quote:
The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

This seems totally unambiguous to me. And it seems PGM went out of their way to make it so. The first part of the first sentence says it all. If you didn't write it you cannot post it. You cannot cover any song, public domain or otherwise and have that be an original. Furthermore, if you wrote it but transferred rights away then the second sentence prohibits you from posting it.

Sundance pointed out that Peter Gannon himself indicated it is OK to post links to covers in the "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube". So...problem solved! If you wanna post a cover put it on Youtube and link to it in that forum. If you have something you wrote and you still retain rights to then post it in the showcase.

By following these simple rules you are ensuring that PGM does not get in any trouble for licensing violations.