Welp, being a big believer in Occam's Razor, I decided to try the simplest thing first. One suggestion that was made was that I reset BiaB back to factory settings. I was loathe to do this because of various tweaks I've made, but considering that I've installed another copy now, I figured, hey, what could it hurt. So I booted v2019 from the offending directory and reset it to factory settings. Then I loaded this same Melodist-generated file with the five RealTracks that has been giving me so much grief and gave it a spin. And guess what. No distortion. A minimum of rice krispies that cleared up after about 20 measures, which might actually have been caused by my moving the mouse around.

So, now we know that I had something set with the fist 2019 install that it really didn't like. I note that BiaB was nice enough to save my settings so that will give me the opportunity to reinstall them and then go through things one by one to find out what the culprit was.

I'm just really glad that we've finally solved this riddle -- a riddle that stumped PGM's senior tech, by the way.

So onward and upward. I have bars and bars to go before I sleep.

Last edited by cooltouch; 03/01/19 06:19 PM.