Being able to place a note consistently at an exact place is one of the most important skill set one can acquire. I practice with a metronome. I also practice with just a drum track. When I get tired of that I practice with a backing track of some kind.

Band In A Box offers a lot of control with backing tracks of your own creation. You can make them as simple or complex as you like. I sometimes loop only one or two measures with the same chord and play various lead lines over that. I also put on a demo song, usually at random, and play the chords. This forces me to learn chords I don't normally play.

I find it amazing how difficult it is to play precise note values. Try playing 16th notes in time at 120 BPM. This is one of the common standards required for graduation from a place like North Texas University.

Fortunately we have a community here that is very supportive and no one is likely to take exception to my inability to play well. That makes for a very comfortable learning environment.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo