I really wanted to upgrade my laptop to Win10 (in fact, I did for awhile). But HP couldn't be bothered to provide a compatible video driver for my machine (well they actually didn't provide it for Windows 8 and so by extension for Win10 also), and the fingerprint reader and HDMI port stop working (again, drivers). And a few other things didn't work right.
Even after spending a long time looking for alternate solutions and fixes, the best solution for getting on with being productive was reverting back to Win7.

The good news is that since at least I had done the initial Win10 upgrade, my machine is already in their registration database. So come 2020, I'll be able to either buy a new laptop or re-upgrade to Win10 and just live with the limitations for awhile.

But for now, I'll keep it at Win7 as it is rock solid.

I'm not anti-Win10 (my two desktops are Win10), just pragmatic. I gave Win10 the old college try (on my laptop), but Win7 sits more comfortably on it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com