looperboy,

Many people use Band-in-a-Box as a companion product to their favorite DAW. Over the years I've been a forum member I've seen many wishlist requests to revise Band-in-a-Box so the product will integrate easier with DAWs. That request, along with the publication of a 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box are likely the two most requested features proposed by forum members.

In 2010 PG Musicc introduced a feature called "Plug-in mode for DAW" that can be enabled by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 5, navigating to "Window" > "Plug-in mode for DAW" or pressing the button labeled "DAW Plugin" located in the "Drop" bar between the Dropzone and "File" bar label.

The help file states in part "with the plug-in mode Band-in-a-Box is open as a small, always on top, window and acts as a plugin for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you can drag-and-drop MIDI or audio (WAV) files from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer."

However I don't believe the feature ever gained the popularity PG Music expected. Requests for both a 64 bit application and a DAW plugin continued.

As you know, 2019 saw the release of both a 64 bit application and multiple plugins. Whoosh, just like that, the two most popular feature requests are addressed.

Plugins are available for both 32 and 64 bit Windows operating systems. There are also VST2, VST3, AAX and VSTi and standalone versions.

I consider PG Music releasing both features simultaneously to be be one of the boldest, most audacious marketing moves I've ever experienced. I regret there have been teething pains but I believe we (users) are witness to a revolution in music creation and production. These two steps opens the door and welcomes the next generation of music makers to the possibilities the PG Music world offers.

I don't mean to gush but in this case I really am a fanboy. I can't wait to experience how new users will use this product. I can guarantee it will broaden my horizons.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home