Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
We should band together and write a book,

"How To Make Big Money In Music"
by a bunch of guys in a forum who have never done it

laugh laugh laugh

Or consider "Never be so sure of what you want that you wouldn't take something better" Chris Voss.

I'm in HearToLearn's corner on this one. In less than a minute I was able to come up with 5 names of people I know personally who self produced CD's/albums that sold in excess of 1,000 units in weeks not years. I will guess not another of the 27,000 plus forum members would have heard of more than one of these people; most forum members will not have heard of any of these folks and their music. JohnJohnJohn is right. Their dream may have started to be the next Rod Stewart, Bob Dylan or Blake Shelton. The bottom line is their dream was no impediment at all to their success in earning income from music. Dreams can stay in your head forever. Money goes into your pocket.

JohnJohnJohn is right again. If you think playing a 4 hour gig for $65 is all there is to be made in music, that's all he'll find. There are plenty of businessmen/women who will gladly accept your skills and pay you that $65 salary and gross $2,500 dollars off your 4 hour event.

I watched a DJ develop himself to the degree he had the confidence, skill and knowledge to charge $250 to shine a monogram on a wall at a wedding. To have 7 events on a weekend running consecutively each earning him in excess of $1,200 gross income all the while paying employees who were use to earning $300 to DJ an event, $350 to work his event.... To use his contacts, opportunity and sales acumen to book local bands into gigs paying them $3,500 when they had never earned $700 at a gig on their own. He didn't accomplish this because he thought of himself as a DJ but because he thought of DJ'ing as a business.

I'll skip participating in JohnJohnJohn's book.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.