We're good. Just taking a silly look at other ways of incomes from music.

I will share with you that the stories are real for the most part. I know someone who really got a corporate funded gig in break room chat. I've personally been doing sound for our local school since the 1980's. Since 1992 I've been the full time sound man for my local churches I've attended at one then the other. I do Behringer X32 training and programming for two local churches and consult with two other churches on as needed basis. I make backing tracks for three churches as needed.

I know the person that got a full time gig by approaching a gospel group that needed help with their sound. I was the sound engineer for an Eagles Tribute Band for several years and still program their X32 for each seasons new tour setup or if they have a change in personnel. I also consult and program for them on an as-needed basis.

<<< Now to be clear, those opportunities are far and few between. Mainly because society has mostly moved beyond horse-drawn buggies! >>>

The good news here is you're only correct about horse drawn buggies. The opportunities are near and many. If you live anywhere near a metro area, there will literally be dozens of churches, civic organizations, small and large public and private businesses, Possibly national corporations, hotel chains that accommodate conferences and conventions as well a schools that utilize PA systems big and small.

You would likely be amazed at the opportunities that will seek you out once your name is out there.

Happy gigging. I'm out of here. Got to program the X32 for the tribute band tonight.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.