I don't mean this to be rude but the reason most performing artist don't make much money is because they lack the skill to compete.

Just ask yourself these type questions.

1. Have I spent seven to ten thousand hours studying my instrument?
2. Can I sing as well as Whitney Houston or Freddy Mercury?
3. Can I play my instrument better than my idol?
4. Do I have the business skills to run my music business or any business?
5. Do I have the sort of image the public will pay for?
6. Can I manage to not die of drug addiction if I am successful?
7. Have I ever decided how much money I wanted to make?
8. What action have I taken in the last day or two toward any of this?

I know bands who do not have all of the above skills. A few I know work really hard and play 200 to 250 nights a year. Depending on where they live they are making $20,000 to $50,000 per year. Most have day jobs and many are music related.

Other music industry jobs. Film Scoring. $40,000 to $50,000 a year. The days of making 20 to 30K a week are long gone and will never return. Netflex is spending huge amounts of money so there are a few more jobs around. There are a few people who have made millions and still do.

Now...lets go to the bottom of the barrel. I can take my acoustic guitar and walk around any city and make enough money to buy something to eat and sleep under a bridge. So...you think that is really bad? Would you rather spend the night in Syria? How about Mozambique? Anyone been worried about being eaten by a lion lately? Had to watch your kid die of starvation lately?

The point is that how much money you make is relative. Chances are if you live in the United States and make $300,000 next year you will complain that it is not enough.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo