Deb,

Thanks for this observation. I think you are right in so many ways.

I find the forum to be interesting in how many different sides there are to everything, but any topic can be examined from a hundred angles, I guess.

Since this website is the product of a music software company which allows people to write and produce songs at home, the only arguments that really pique my attention are musical arguments--when someone composes and produces a SONG (instrumental or with vocals) and puts that song out there to say, in effect, "Try this one on for size."

If the song is great, I feel happy, I smile, and I have respect for that person's gumption. As Handel was told by his father, "Son, if you don't like modern church music, go write some church songs of your own."

Bottom line, I like it when people make their musical points with music, at the end of the day.

Five billion words of insight about music will leave almost no impression on me if there is not music to back it up. I get hundreds of spam emails a week from people screaming at the top of their lungs that if I only pay $29.95 a month, they will teach me to get to the top of the golden charts.

Do they have any music or songs to back this up?

Of course not.

I am impressed by musical arguments, though, when a person makes their argument in a song.

That is why I spend most of my time on this website on the showcase.