Originally Posted By: KeithS
Fleetwood Mac concert at the Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh, January of 1974. My girlfriend and I had seats in the third row center. The band comes out on the stage and plays their first song, and the whole way through I’m trying to pick out people that I should know and do not see a familiar face. When the first song ends, I screamed out at the top of my lungs, “Who the F*** are you guys?” and one of them says “We’re Fleetwood Mac!” No they weren’t. Turns out Fleetwood Mac’s manager decided that he owned the name, and when he couldn’t get the real group to go on tour, he hired a whole new group to go own tour as Fleetwood Mac. I was so mad that I demanded my money back....and got it.

There was also the concert from Hell which might have been July of that same year, or the year after. That one was at Three Rivers Stadium and featured Todd Rudgren, The Band, and Eric Clapton. The concert was shortly after the 4th and people still had left over fireworks that they brought to the concert. Folks who were up in the stadium seats kept lighting fireworks and throwing it down onto people seated down on the field, and at the performers on the stage. Rudgren performed during the daylight hours and had a canopy over him to keep the sun off. The fireworks ignited it at one point and the concert had to be halted to put out the fire. When Clapton came on after dark, one of his backup singers received an eye injury from a firework that exploded in her face, and Clapton himself was dodging fireworks that were being tossed from the front row at him. At one point, he took off Blackie and had to be physically restrained from jumping into the audience and tussling with his tormentors. There were about 80 people taken to the hospital that night with fireworks injuries. I was embarrassed for Pittsburgh that night.

Hummmmm.... Fleetwood Mac playing a mosque.... that should have been your first clue.

Fireworks.... yep.... Went to a show at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Back in the early 70's. Johnny Winters was the headline. The newly formed Foghat was the opener, followed by Poco. People on the second level were tossing firecrackers down on the first level seats. Foghat asked them to stop.... they didn't. Poco came out with their country sound and steel guitar.... the idiots in the crowd were throwing trash and the fireworks on the stage. Poco stopped in the third song, put their instruments down and walked off stage. The Emcee came out and blasted the arses who ruined the show by . JW came on a bit later and played a great show with his new guitarist...Rick Derringer.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.