i have amplitube 4 and that works fine so I know how presets should work but almost all of the presets in version 4 need me to buy bits i haven't got so i'd like to use amplitube 3 with PG music presets. (I got version 4 direct from IK)

when i press the browser button in amplitube 3 it says 'cannot open the presets database'. i know amplitube 3 is working ok because when i load an amplitube demo song in BIAB the plugin shows and the preset in the interface is correct. but even then when i press browse i get the same error. so somehow PG Musdic have put the presets into amplitube but I can't.

i found what I thought were the presets in bb/dxsettings/amplitube but they are tgs files and then i found the presets with the file extension at3p (the correct file extension) in users/bob/documents/ikmultimedia/amplitube3/presets/band in a box/all. i now
understand the tgs files aren't presets for amplitube.

so how do i get amplitube 3 to load the proper presets? I know they are installled on my pc.

the browser button in amplitube 3 still says cannot open the database.
is the amplitube browser looking in the wrong place and can I redirect it? or should i move the at3p files to where the amplitube plugin is looking for presets?

just to make sure i ran the amplitube installer in the bb main folder but still no luck.