<<< Now I wonder if he got his hard working man's well deserved royalties ... or that he ripped off by some Far Eastern Big Industrial Country with no scruples …. >>>

According to Celebrity Net worth site and several other sites, Edison's net worth when he died in 1931 was $12 million dollars ($170 Million 2018) so he undoubtedly got his hard working man's well deserved royalties, and other deserved income and recognition as well. 2,332 patents in his lifetime.

The statement of 1,000 unsuccessful attempts before inventing the light bulb is actually inaccurate to me. What he failed at completing was not the idea, theory or achievement of a working light bulb but rather making a commercially viable light bulb product. He constructed hundreds of operating light bulbs they just were not suitable as a final cost and energy efficient consumer product.

He was like so many songwriters; Seeking not to just write a song (of which they write hundreds if not a thousand - sort of like Edison's lightbulb) but to write a super hit... that consumers will by the millions... All of the hundreds or thousand songs were not necessarily failures at being a song, or even good songs, they just were not the commercial success the songwriter was seeking.

EDIT: Well deserved - Everyone knows Edison but no one can name the one's that rip him off.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 04/04/19 06:53 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.