Alan,

This is a REALLY nice piece. A terrific listen. You are good at pacing an instrumental.

I agree with Bob when he said "To me, the neck squeaks add texture - makes it sound 'live'"...

Excellent mix. Nice arrangement.

-----

I will mention something that I think can be improved... the drum track includes a ride cymbal playing rapidly/continuously - I would assume during B sections. It draws attention to itself - and, therefore, away from the other instruments - and in particular the melody (which the instrumental is all about). I noticed it in the intro right away. Then it drops out. Then it comes back and gets more and more distracting (to my ear, anyway). Personally ('cause after all that is what it comes down to) I would drop the B drums and make them all A (assuming that is where it happens).

Note: I am listening on a really nice set of speakers connected to my computer - Presonus E3.5 - small near-field monitors - raised 12" off the desktop so they are right at ear level. I decided that since I spent SO much time listening to music on my computer, I should have a quality speaker as opposed to a standard (or even "good" desktop computer speaker.) They are awesome! SO... it might not be an issue for others...I don't know...

That is a lot of "discussion" about a very small "problem" (if you can even call it that). Your stuff is SO good, I think it is worth the mention, though...

----

This is great stuff! I really enjoyed it! Keep it up!!!

fj