Well, in reference to 'real country', it appears I may have been ahead of the curve. Recently a rap artist recorded a song titled "old town road". It charted on three different genres including country but after a few weeks, it was pulled from the country charts and it was stated there were not enough elements of country. A remix has been released using Billy Ray Cyrus for some of the vocals.

What does that have to do with me being ahead of the curve? Of course it's much better produced and higher quality and such, but a few may recall a song I posted back in 2017 titled "Passing Through" - the two songs use very similar instrumentation, tempo and other similarities. I posted my song on SoundCloud and listed the genre as ---- Country...

I removed the song from SoundCloud sometime back but looking through the comments, it's noted my use of a banjo, sparse instrumentation and unusual and sparse lyrics. Just sayin' …

Here's a link to the comments from the post. Passing Through

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 04/13/19 02:04 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.