I was searching for a vocalist for a new song. I listened here & everywhere for a voice that suited the track.
Heaps of excellent vocalists around but I also needed someone with a keen sense of power popish melodies and that focused my mind more.
Clearly Torrey was someone I considered from the beginning but I was a little nervous about proposing a collaboration as he is the complete package on his own.
I stumped up some courage and asked him and he very kindly and politely agreed to have a listen.
Just a couple of weeks later Torrey had completed and forwarded a SET of vocals for the song all based on a melody of his devising.
After I remembered to properly check my messages I found his message and links. It VERY short order the song was mixed, Torrey's approval for said mix, (he is, after all, the co-writer and I believe I had to ensure he was happy with the results), I sent it to the UK for mastering. The M.E. offered two slightly different mastering jobs and, as yet, neither Torrey nor I can decide which is the better.
The progression, lyrics and structure were done by me in 1978, (in some respects VERY much the words of a callow youth but I decided to leave them unamended). I found the sheet of paper I'd written it on just a month or so ago. I recorded a draft backing from that. I played it for an excellent drummer/guitarist in Texas, Greg Loyacano, and he offered to do some guitars. Torrey came on board and whammo! With BIAB RealDrums as the very base of this song and BIAB as the means of testing the structure this is a true hybrid of technology and raw, expressive vocals and guitar.
Lyrically simple and, for me, typically cynical here is Don't Come To Me a Bliss/cochrane song under the banner of Pygmy Beat Extended.
Warning - it's a little loud.

https://soundcloud.com/rayc/mst-dont-come-to-me-1
and
https://soundcloud.com/rayc/mst-dont-come-to-me-2

This is a completed track but we would appreciate any feedback for future mixing as well as an idea of which version is THE ONE.

Don’t Come (To Me) 1978/2019

Refugees of unknown emotions
Hiding, going through the motions
Surrogates of love’s devotions

Don’t come running to me
Don’t come running to me
No, don’t come running to me

Dislocated sex perversions
Sundry other bored diversions
Occasional street excursions

Don’t come crying to me
Don’t come crying to me