Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Her goal was to reach one thousand people that will purchase her album of the Micro Niche genre along with some other accessory such as a T-Shirt or Coffee Cup. The Album and souvenir will sell for $25.

Her goal is to sell 1000 of these units over the next year.

1,000 X $25 = $25,000 yearly income.

Did she have production costs, printing the CDs through a service or are they home computer burns? Are there CD sleeves with art work? How much does each mug and shirt cost to produce?

The first 2 questions are variables, but home burned CDs vs CDBaby burned with artwork sounds kind of cheesy to me. And those mugs and shorts aren't $0 to her unless she also does ceramics and screen printing.

Only point being that it isn't 1000 x $25. Reality is $25 less expenses. So it's likely more like 1000 X $13-$15.

Wish her well with her dream though.

While it's an old subject to return to, I found it interesting that even Graham Cochran of the Recording Revolution has jumped on the 1000 fan bandwagon and he shares with us the concept has been around since 2008 in his blog - HERE _ . It seems that this subject is discussed beyond our confines here on the forum.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.