Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

From melody to arrangement to presentation and through to production, everything about this song is superb.... everything.

The way that you and Mike have used lyric language to create images that are alive and vivid is a credit to you both. I particularly loved the way that you set up the metaphor of a craftsman who sets about trying to mend something broken. Because of the effectiveness of this metaphor, when I reached the chorus’s lines “How do you gather something shattered?”, the power of that question, with the imperfect rhymes between gather and shattered, felt immense to me and the emotional intensity of the lyrics soared.

As I’m sitting here after just having listened, I find myself trying to analyse the arrangement so that I can get a better understanding of how you, Janice and Mike have created something that is so outstanding. I really like the way that instruments and vocals (a) build up, (b) drop back a little and then (c) build up a little more as we progress through the first two verses and through the chorus.

There is an awful lot of skill on display here from everyone involved!

All the best to the three of you,
Noel

Thanks, Noel! Always pleased to see comments from you! Mike deserves the credit for the setup of "working on a broken heart"...