Still under the weather (would you believe it) ... so, a few days ago, I re-watched the stunning movie by (and featuring) Roberto Benigni, Life Is Beautiful. It's essentially a dark but uplifting comedy designed to show just how horrid and absurd all those Nazi theories of race supremacy, etc., are.

Anyway, in the movie, the lead character and his future wife end up watching Offenbach's The Tales of Hoffmann at the opera - which, of course, features the stunning Barcarolle. Soon as I heard it again, I simply had to think to myself: "I wonder what I could do by way of a BIAB arrangement with it"?

So ... here it is :-) The BIAB style - the accompaniment - is _SUNRISE.STY (Sunrise Soul Jazz Piano Waltz). The horn solo sounds are from Sibelius/NotePerformer. It's nothing major, but I wanted to try my hand at it and create a version of my own that I could use copyright free (since the music IS in the public domain, but its various interpretations by top orchestras, etc., aren't). Hope you like it nevertheless :-)

Barcarolle (by Offenbach)

EDIT: just added an alternative, rock version, too :-)

Barcarolle (by Offenbach) - the rock version

Last edited by musician17; 04/25/19 10:11 PM.