Originally Posted By: ABDK
Setup: Macbook pro i7(2011), OSX Sierra, Audio interface: RME Fireface UFX

Just installed Build 266 update

With RME Fireface UFX connected BIAB now shows this alert message in the left corner every time I activate play:

"Playback might silent because of unusual audio device settings. Your audio sample rate is 44100 Hz and number of output channels is 30. The ideal sample rate is 44100 Hz, and the ideal number of channels is 2 (stereo). Click on this message to launch the macOS Audio Devices where you can change your device settings."

- Activating play 4 times I get 4 Alert messages on top of each other. Very annoying!!

Notes:
- Playback does not silent. Everything is playing well !?!?
- When disconnecting RME Fireface UFX no alert message appear.
- No unusual audio devices are configured or connected to the system

best regards
Axel

Hello Axel,

The warning is an alert message and can not be turned off. However, as you have discovered an alert message does not affect program operation.

Normally the message displays because the sample rate does not match Band-in-a-Box's sample rate of 44.1K. Many devices will automatically set the sample rate to 48K.

In your case the issue is not the sample rate but instead is the number of channels, 30, reported by the audio interface driver.

Band-in-a-Box expects an audio interface with two channels. When more than two channels is reported the alert message is displayed to remind the user any audio channel above two can not be used by Band-in-a-Box.

+++ HERE +++ is a discussion on the alert message you may find useful.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home