My poor olde Roland Tricapture is getting past it. (Should take it back it’s only about 15 years old) I have had several drops in volume or the guitar cutting out. Give the USB a wiggle it usually works again but I don’t trust it.

I use the interface to plug my guitar into the laptop then use Guitar Rig or TH3 and blend it with the various tracks I have made using BIAB for live shows. The output of the audio interface plugs into my little PA (also other PAs when doing some shows)

I have also purchased a MIDI foot controller so I would like to add MIDI ports (albeit I have a UNO MIDI to USB device.)

Looking about both the PreSonus 24C and the Focusrite 214 have the ports I would like. The PreSonus is quite a bit cheaper and in my opinion has better giveaways but I know very little about PreSonus. Focusrite have a really good reputation.

What do you recommend.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1