Quote:
I'm referring to the button on the track. It toggles between Play and Mute. The button right below it is the Solo button. Tapping the Solo button doesn't work either.

The Solo Tracks button I pointed to in my image is different than the Solo button in the track controls area.

Check the one above the Track names as I alluded to. This is the one I was suggesting, not the Solo button in the track controls area.

I think they are different ways of doing similar things.

Using the Solo Tracks button at the top means whatever track(s) are highlighted will be what you are hearing.
This makes the Mute button become the dot you mentioned also, but only for applicable not selected tracks. At least that's how it works here, but I've changed the colors and the images for these buttons so my screen shots may not appear exactly like yours.

The Solo button on the controls area lets you solo multiple tracks without selecting (highlighting them). It doesn't seem to change the Mute button to a dot as much as the first way I described (the Solo Tracks button at top). Seems trivial at first, but it is a very different way of performing similar tasks, and the resulting behavior may be a bit different.

Again, I've tinkered with my graphics for the RB interface so your version will look a little different than mine, and I suppose it's possible when tinkering with these I may have inadvertently change how some behave, but that's how it works here for me currently.

Another Image showing the top Solo Tracks button and what it changes as far as these buttons. Much different than the result of using the Solo button in the track controls area .. using this method, it doesn't matter which tracks are selected. But if you are going to do a Cut or other Edit on multiple tracks, the Solo Tracks method is much better. Just depends on the end goal/need really.

When I use the track control area Solo button, the only way I can get a track to show the dot and not allow changes if is some other track somewhere is Solo'd, but I'd think you'd notice that audibly if that was the case.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
SoloTracks_button.jpg (143.47 KB, 38 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 04/29/19 01:16 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome