So here it is (the idea spelled out).

RB aborts but it is not a lock up. A popup comes up that says this.

The program has aborted and information is being saved to disk so we can later upload it to PGmusic for inspection and later contact you by email when the problem has been fixed. Please wait a moment for the next popup.

Once it is finished another popup appears saying.

Please check a checkbox to indicate a good hour during the day to upload the information to PGmusic. Your computer will need to be left on during this time. You can also check the checkbox at the bottom to indicate if you want your computer turned off after all of these uploads have completed. It will only be turned off it nothing else is running at the time. If your computer is not on during the hour indicated for upload it will continue to check daily until the information is uploaded.

The error routine should remember the settings.

How the dumps would be grouped for response or even bypass is the big question. There may be some manual work involved in this. What I am saying is you would want to be sure the correct people got notice of the fix and be sure there are no emails going out to incorrect people. You would also want to not send out more than one email if the user had 10 dumps related to a fix. I don't think this is really all that difficult to manage (just proper sorting and tagging possibly). The thing is putting this together would force a company to really have their act together when it comes to processing aborts. Having users switch to other software without the company being aware of it or aware of why is not a good thing. I could have just silently done that. But it is better for PGmusic in the long run if I speak my mind and introduce these ideas. They may need some sub-ideas to make them work (often the case). Do this very very well and you might have trouble getting rid of customers and also get more upgrades too :-)

Last edited by bowlesj; 05/04/19 10:18 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles