I'm stunned by the responses here. Many, many thanks, and I'm so glad this track gave pleasure to so many.

I knew that I was onto something when not only the lyrics but also the melody lines came fairly freely for this song, but only once I'd got on the right path - the music was originally a riff-based rock-type tune but I scrapped it. I did have to mangle the old loops I found a little so they played the exact chords I wanted, but Studio One 4 has a great chord function now and together with Melodyne I got there in the end. My 'Peter Green' interludes just worked first take - another small miracle! I don't know if others find this, but sometimes a song helps itself to be written (good sign) and other times you have to wrestle it to the ground (often a bad sign!)

Steve, sorry about the slow production rate! We've been entangled for months in trying to sell our house and move down to the Cornish coast and had three sales fall through at the last minute, which is very frustrating. We've got more viewings this weekend (almost forty now, over 15 months...) so fingers crossed.

Many thanks again to all my friends here for the compliments, they mean a lot to me.
smile

Cheers
John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4