Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
If its not midi I'm puzzled. I thought RealTracks were wma files with the fx as a recorded part of the file. I know some guitar parts have DI versions but I just don't understand why the reverb should be lost. Maybe someone more knowledgeable has the answer.

I think possibly that memo refers to the default mixer settings and the default Style settings. I opened 64 bit BIAB 2019 and the default mixer settings were for Style ZZJAZZ. Two channels had panning left and right and all channels have reverb set at 40. I loaded the Style you're working with, _BAL2AB2.STY and the panning and reverb is considerably different. There has been reverb settings and panning changes even on tracks with no instrument assigned which I believe is programmed into the Style to maintain the overall mix to stay uniform and consistent if the user adds additional instrument to the basic style.

To determine what happens with these settings I set the reverb on the piano track that was 65 all the way to 127 and rendered the song. The reverb was in the song render.

I'm not sure that all of the BIAB mixer settings transfer to RB if a BIAB SGU file is opened in RB. So I added the PGMusic Flanger plug in set fairly extreme so there would be no question if the plug in opened attached to the piano track in RB. It did not. There was no extreme reverb or flanger on the piano track when I opened the sgu file that had those settings saved did not carry over to open in RB. I set the volume and panning to extremes also and saved them in the BIAB sgu file. They did open in RB as I had them set in BIAB.

In order to get the exact same sound of a BIAB track with effects, panning and volume, it's best to render and export the files and then import those files into RB or another DAW. I would recommend if you want the effect captured, to set the panning and volume to zero (center) and leave the effect on the track. Otherwise, it's good practice for any BIAB song that will be moved to a DAW for processing, to set the mix to flat, dry and center. You have a menu option from the Master Button Right Click drop down menu to select that option before saving or rendering your song project. This gives you more flexibility with your tracks when you're working in your DAW.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.