Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
OK, let's explore this in more detail.

I'm using the latest Build 628.

In a fresh song, key signature of C, I enter an F (natural) on the editable notation.

I right-click on the note, Edit Note, Force Accidental, Sharp. I get E#.

That's right; that's enharmonically correct.

Next I right-click on the note, Edit Note, change Note using the arrow controls to F#. Force Accidental still says Sharp. I get F#.

That's right.

Next I right-click on the note, Edit Note, change Force Accidental to Auto. The F# in Note changes to Gb. That's annoying, but it still works.

Then I change Force Accidental to Sharp. The Gb turns to an F#. This is a bit mind-bending, but it works.

So, tell me the problem step by step that makes something NOT work. And tell me the key signature of the song, whether any transposition setting is in effect, and the chord at that point.

You seem to be doing what I did but you have different (correct) results.
I started with an F and making it sharp resulted in an E which is wrong.

I am not aware of any transposing. I simply started afresh and entered the chords.
It plays the chords correctly at the correct pitch.
I did not enter any signature either so it should be just C.

I gave up last time I did this.
Reason was that I was not able to extend the notes to the correct length of 1 and 1/8 bar.
Every time I added a note into the 2nd 8th of the second bar (after the extended note), the duration of the extended note (1 + 1/8) changed automatically and I was not able to fix it.

Regards
Bernt

Band in a Box
Latest: ULTRA 2020 (734) on Win 10
And: MEGA 2020 (720) on Windows 7