I don’t use RB for mixing or mastering. However, the process would be similar. Once you have the tracks how you want them and the song arranged to suit what you are looking for you would start the process of mixing which entails things such as EQ, maybe Compression, setting volumes and panning. Usually an effect that is only used on one track would be added as an effect to the track. e.g. EQ.

Reverb or Delays you might want to set the same settings onto a number of tracks. In that case you might setup a different track with the desired effect. Say for example a reverb. Once you have the “reverb track” create a send from the tracks you would like to put the reverb on to the reverb track. This way you have the advantage of reducing CPU load and also a consistent reverb to the various tracks. You can edit the level of sends or returns as required.

That’s how I’d use them

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 05/14/19 06:41 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1