I recently purchased an ACER i7 2 in 1 laptop device with SSD and 8 gig RAM no moving parts. It is way over the top for my uses (I play my songs when performing, and use a guitar sim to play guitar through and not much else) but why not for the extra $100 or so. It takes only a few seconds to load and login however some applications (eg guitar sims) do take considerable time to load. That is normal behaviour. Most likely an i5 or even an i3 would be not much slower.

I have an i7 HP desktop with SSD and 16 gig of RAM which is also over the top but that is what I use to generate my songs using BIAB. Generation will take time. I imagine there is a fair bit going on in terms of computing when generating a song. Playback in BIAB is quicker assuming no regeneration but it still takes time that is the nature of computing.

My thoughts
Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 05/16/19 01:33 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1