Originally Posted By: fantasyvn
To DeaconBlues09 :

I understand that if we use ADSR Sample Manager or Loopcloud, we can ask the softwares to generate the tags for bpm, key, etc.

After the softwares finish doing this, do you mean I can just copy the loops to the Loops folder in BIAB?

My sincere thanks,

So you touch on a workflow issue that I've never encountered in BiaB for the simple (if not somewhat lamentable) fact that I would have ported over to Reaper at that point because the last thing I need is another headache at that point.

That said, you bring up a topic that is definitely something I've been meaning to explore when time frees up with work (I've got seasonal crunches in my particular field, and I'm smack in the middle of a biggie).

However, because yes, it would be very, very, awesome to try and generate RTs over various loops, and this is a potentially extremely rewarding thing to set up, here's how I would go about it.

I would load the sample manager VST/.dll within Minihost Modular into the track I want the loop(s) on and I would run a MIDI in (perhaps both a MIDI and audio in, because why not?) through ADSR on an empty track and see what happens.

Alternatively, I would tray exporting the loops through ADSR sample manager AFTER running the detect utility, and then export the whole shebang into a new folder which I would drag and drop (copy) into the C:bb/loops folder or whatever you have it set up as. I have a hunch (hope) that the "ACID/Metadata" will have adhered to the exported/processed copies of your loops.

In the event that any of that made sense (just reread what I wrote, and I'm still not sure it makes sense to me) and you feel like giving it a go, I'd love to get an update and hear how it went.

Incidentally, if you've not yet used Minihost Modular, you need to get on that stat.

The possibilities with this thing with BiaB are absolutely staggering (thanks again Pipeline, should you happen to see this!)

In fact I made a quick YT video about it which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexjietWWhc&t=29s

I

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB