Mine the Mind

I've never written a big rock number in BIAB or elsewhere. This started as an attempt to write a progression in support of a harmonic minor descending scale. I laid it aside for months, so I can't really remember if it ended that way or turned into something else. Regardless, I reopened it a while back and in regenerating, this collection of riffs came out and I was hooked.

I'm posting it now, but I am wide-open for collaboration with either a rock singer or guitar player who might feel moved.

Mixed in Reaper. One "unusual" thing I did was render two versions of the chording organ, and pan one left and one right to try to "amp up" the play. You might also note that one is holding a Cm at the end while the other holds an Am.

****** Song Summary *************

Key=Cm , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:30
Style is _NRTROCK.STY (Northern Rock Swing 16ths)

RealTracks in style: 1191:Bass, Electric, NorthernRock Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 625:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Rascal Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 875:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockFuzzyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockNorthern^4-a:Snare, Loose HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Last edited by Tangmo; 05/16/19 04:05 AM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground