fantasyvn,

You may find +++ THIS +++ PG Music video useful. PG Music created the video in 2014 to introduce loops to Band-in-a-Box users.

I seldom use loops in Band-in-a-Box but have played with them enough to realize certain things, the more simple the loop audio content is the better the loop works and you use percussion loops differently than instrument loops.

For example, one of the audio loops PG Music provides is an electric bass playing eighth notes. All the notes are "C" at a tempo of maybe 80 bpm. The unaltered loop is "C, C, C, C, C, C, C, C". The loop has embedded root key, tempo and length metadata that Band-in-a-Box reads so Band-in-a-Box can shrink or stretch the loop time and transpose the audio. Since the audio is one note repeated multiple times the changes sound natural. If the loop audio content was more complex, the opening guitar riff heard in The Beatles recording of "Daytripper" for example, the results would not be as pleasing to hear.

For percussion loops timing is important but you normally don't want pitch to change. Imagine the sound of a snare drum "following" a song chord progression! Weird, for sure!

Nature loops normally don't change pitch or time; they just repeat as needed.

Loops that have pitch, time or length embedded are called Acid or Acidized loops in honor of the software program where the idea was first used.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home