Yes, you have a point, rayc. I'm just a songwriter, not a singer, so I haven't paid much attention (up to now) to this issue, as my songs are - at best - "demos" to show people what I'd like them to sound like, and to hopefully attract others to sing them properly. That said, it's kinda lazy of me not to deal with these issues, as you say, and no-one likes a lazy guy, haha, so ... I'll see what I can do. I just record my songs in my bedroom, with a headphone mic ... but, again, that's no excuse :-) Thank you genuinely for your honesty.

EDIT: I've just downloaded the NoiseGate plugin for Audacity and read the instructions on how to use it. Sadly, I seem to be making things worse with it - there's a residual noise on the voice track from applying the noise gate to it which won't go away, no matter how much I fiddle with the gate decibel levels just yet - and it's more obvious than the lip smack noises themselves. Any thoughts, anyone? I can always go through the track with a fine toothcomb and silence any extraneous noises manually, of course, but this gate thing is, for the moment, not responding. I know I'm a dinosaur with technology ... but what am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!

Last edited by musician17; 05/18/19 09:48 PM.