Silvertones/Mac

It's interesting that you can't reproduce it. I had the same experience too.

After two days of turning the computer on and off numerous times, I could reproduce the error at will, 100% of the time. That's when I documented the above lengthy article. Then, when I learned that Silvertones could not reproduce the error, I tried again and, blow me down, I couldn't get the error either. Strange. There were two things that I remember doing: (a) changing the VSTi; (b) having Realband open.

Here's some more food for thought.

This morning, again I loaded the problem file and all was well. Then, I did the following
  • Opened BIAB as the first and only program after startup (other than my antivirus software which has always been on)
  • Turned off VSTi
  • Restarted BIAB
  • Regenerated the Soloist
  • Unchecked the "Soloist" under the by right-clicking on the "Freeze" icon. Saved the file using "Save+" I was annoyed that the problem file worked, today, I repeated this procedure of unchecking and saving numerous times!
  • Then when exiting BIAB, I had four access errors; one after the other popping up in my screen.
  • I restarted BIAB, opened the file again, and it played! Now I'm really puzzled.

Somehow the shortcut "Freeze" (icon) option seems to be involved in all this but I haven't yet worked it out. The problems occurs for me on MME. I rarely use ASIO.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024