Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Very cinematic and the flugelhorn is a great fit ( dissapointed that`s not an RT).
Nice work on the strings. I liked the voices at the end.

Thanks, Robert.

I've tried - fairly successfully, I think - to build a track from a sax RT. But that was a lot of work. I've got Melodyne now, so it would probably be a bit easier. But it's still easier to just play the part on the EWI. wink

I'm glad the choir worked for you. It does sort of pop out of nowhere, and I'd intended for it to be more subtle than it was. It's got a sort of cinematic quality, which is why I included it.

In truth, one of the reasons that I initially left the strings out was because there were some clashes that I was too lazy to track down. After floyd jane's comment, I tracked down some out of key notes, and trimmed out some of the busier parts so they didn't compete as much with the flugelhorn.

I tried mixing in a solo violin line in to add a bit more to the string part, but that didn't work out that well. That eventually became the oboe, which I think gives a bit of additional texture to what's basically a solo horn part.

Glad you enjoyed it.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?