Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<<<The focus of your post was on the use of BiaB to generate sections of a song and then to progressively insert those sections into RB as the full-length song is being developed.>>>

Yes, exactly. My post didn't mention the 255 bar limit specifically or the erroneous chord change the 240/241 bar boundary in RB because applying the technique described in my post prevents either of those circumstances from happening.

Applying the technique described in my post will fix the issue in your current project and avoid the generation limitations present in both BIAB and RB from occurring and prevents both issues from manifesting in any future projects, regardless of which program you use. In my opinion, if using this technique fixes your current issue and prevents the issue from occurring in all of your future projects, that is an actual solution and all three issues are resolved. You'll need to explain if I'm still misunderstanding.

What I presented to you is not a workaround but a change to the best practices of your workflow and solves these problems.

I can understand all of that. However, if I want to use RB to work on a new song with more than 255 bars that doesn't have the kinks worked out of it yet as I've done numerous time with BiaB for songs with less than 255 bars, then I would prefer to not dive into your workflow recommendations until after I've worked out most or all of those kinks and finished or mostly finished developing my song. But I can't do that with my full length song in RB currently because of the problems that occur at the 240/241 bar boundary. So, I have to either go through extra steps to deal with those problems or cut out one or more sections in my song to reduce the bar count to less than 255 (in which case, I would just go back to using BiaB for this shorter version of my song instead of using RB). In such a scenario, your workflow recommendations is not a fix but rather is a workaround that makes the early stages of working out the kinks in a song that is being developed more complicated and time consuming than is desirable and necessary.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V