Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
You learned a very important lesson regarding PGMusic support service. Yes,in 20+ years, I have seen them turn over backwards to help at times, but more often then not, crickets. That is why this forum is so important and why you just have to find a way to adapt to the program and find a way to focus on your music. grin

Thanks for that info. I've already done that with RB and with the BiaB workarounds, but I still think it's important to continue pursuing a fix for these issues with Tech Support. Considering what I know about software development, these issues should be fairly easy to fix with some changes to the code. Silvertones and I have already discovered that V4 of the XML file import function behaves differently from V2 (the one I have). So, apparently, Tech Support has already been messing with that code.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V