I was not going to visit this one again, but it seems to have a life of it's own (which is always nice)

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Nice song!
It is a song exactly like the great example of the chord progression of "I - VIm - IV - V7".
Janettes are sounding really cool.
I agree with Janne.
Nice to hear a faster tempo country pop song from you, that chorus is really catchy and the tempo expresses excellently the whirlwind and the hurricane in the story. Arrangement, vocals and mix are top stuff.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - thanks for the nice comments. (You have not been around in a while!!)

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
I actually love this kind of behavior... Women who are like that makes life interesting and unpredictable!

Very good song and - as always - perfectly produced!

Well done!
Will

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Floyd, you wrote to me in another thread that you didn't want to "bump" this thread too much... if any song or thread ever deserved to be "bumped" a lot, this is the one...

Will

Will - THANKS for your terrific support of this song! I greatly appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: Buja
nice!

Thanks, Buja...

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

When I looked at the document that I created for writing about “Coloring Outside The Lines”, I had to blink twice. I seems that I started it on May 7 at 10:05 pm. I clearly recall that I was planning on returning to it the next day. I don’t know where all that time has gone to!

Even though I’m really late to the party, this song is brilliant is so, so many ways.

Noel - I am ALWAYS pleased to see you pop in to one of my song thread! Early or late...

Quote:

The first thing that really appealed to me was the way you started the vocals before any of the band got up and running. The way I see it, there is no more powerful way to grab a listener’s attention than to start a song this way. Such an approach to production isn’t used that often these days but some really famous songs and singers have used this technique with a great deal of impact. Titles that spring to mind are…

• Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis Presley)
  • Purple People Eater (Sheb Woolley)
  • Rock Around The Clock (Bill Hailey)
  • Amazing Grace (Judy Collins, Il Divo)
  • Hello God (Dolly Parton)

I have to give some credit to Bud (and Janice?) - I originally had a 4 bar intro - the full band playing - and then a STOP - and then started singing (before the music jumped back in). They (J&B) thought it made the song too long. So I simply dropped the opening 4 bars...

Quote:

The way you’ve set the scene and introduced the lead character in verse 1 is spectacular! I found that by the end of the first verse, the image and traits of the woman you’re singing about were realistically vivid in my mind. You’ve painted the picture with some really masterful brushstrokes!

It's comments like that that make it all worthwhile...

Quote:

And that production and your singing… just WOW !

...and that, too...

Quote:

My favourite lines are "Coloring Outside The Lines" and “Hell-bent with the slightest hint of heaven” – that’re great metaphors and I seriously admire your ability to come up with them.

I totally enjoyed this (a few times).

All the best,
Noel

Thanks for the great review, Noel!

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Nice work on this Floyd! Quite enjoyed the timbres this has and the instruments are layered nicely too. Very fun lyrics too. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, Joe! Thanks for stopping in for a listen...