Originally Posted By: MarioD
I have one question, if you have RT's MIDI as a read only will that affect those who use that MIDI in their DAWs? I have taken some of the RT MIDIs, moved them to my DAW, and modified them to my heart's content. Will I be able to do that with a read only MIDI? Can you do a read only MIDI?

Would it be possible to have RT's MIDI read only while in BiaB/RB but still available for us to export to other DAW's as regular MIDI?

Unless I'm mistaken I can see some pluses but many minuses in this wish for MIDI users.

Good points Mario. In my mind there is a difference between editing and copying. When you edit you're trying to modify existing data. You're deleting, cutting, adding and pasting. When you copying you're not modifying the existing data. Instead you're creating a duplicate of the data and moving the duplicate data into a new file. The new, midi only data file will not have the constraints of the original RealTracks created file.

It's sort of how you take a copy protected file, use the "save as" command to save a duplicate of the file under a new name and then work on the duplicate file.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home