Originally Posted By: Warren Keller

A couple of things that bother me about RB, is that although you can group multiple channels to a single subgroup, you cannot record a mixer move on the combined fader, nor, to the best of my knowlege, can you easily automate a whole song fade-out.

Thanks for your time and consideration of this!

Warren, you've gotten all the standard comments about many different DAW's which probably mean nothing to you at this point. They're all good, they're all bad, they're all just OK depending on who you ask. Bottom line they will all get the job done.

What I want to ask you is to list exactly what you think RB won't do. Here you listed two, the subgroup record mixer move thing I think is correct but the automatic fade out is easily done using Audio Effects>Gain Change. In that window you can set an automatic fade out however you want it. Folks will say they need another DAW because they can't get RB to do what they want but many times that's not true they just haven't figured it out yet.

Having said that other DAW's certainly can have more and better features than RB does but define what's meant by "more and better". I personally find RB is perfectly capable of doing everything I need but that's for me, maybe not for you which is why I'm asking you to list the things you think RB can't do that you really need.

I completely agree with you, having to learn a brand new DAW can be a real PIA.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.